The bag of Kale I bought last time was too big and had fat stalks in them which I didn’t like. So I separated those and made some Kale Chips off a recipe on the back of the Kale bag🙂.
Well, it was really very simple so if you bored of the raw Kale, and want something that tastes like junk food, instead of going to the store and buying junk, make stuff yourself. And it isn’t hard.
- Separate Kale from its stalks. Ensure that only the leaves remain.
- Add some oil, a little salt and a little red pepper to a big bowl. Mix it all up. Add the Kale leaves.
- Ensure all the leaves are coated with oil on both sides. Don’t over think it. Just keep tossing it in the bowl for a while and this will automatically happen😉
- Heat an Oven to 225 F. Spread the Kale leaves evenly on a baking tray or whatever you use to bake things in ovens.
- Put the tray in the oven. Set it for 25 minutes. Check every 8 minutes or so. The moment you feel a leaf has lost its softness and is crispy to your touch, be on alert.
- Taste one and see if its crispy enough. If it is, you’re done, cool it, mix it and eat it. If not, keep baking it (increment the temperature by 3 minutes each time) till it is crisp enough for you.
- If you want, sprinkle a little shredded cheese on it or any other powdered spice. I like it clean though, so I didn’t add anything this time. Just make sure you don’t er.. add too much salt. Just.. just saying.😀